Sunday, February 25, 2018

Spring and Easter Wreath - Home Decor

  Winter can be harsh for so many folks with the cold and dull gray skies.  In the dead of winter, I like to set my sights on Spring.  Spring for me is hope, warmth, start of new growth.  

I am setting my sights on Spring by bringing a touch of  Spring/Easter to my home with a sweet Spring  8in x8in canvas adorned with delightful chipboard pieces from Creative Embellishments. 


The bunny is darling - perfect for quick Easter cards and projects...or even baby cards.  
 I simply painted mine with soft pink acrylic paint and coated with a crackle medium  like Crackle Accents by Ranger.  I also tossed in some gold micro beads (glitter works well also).  

Next, I gussied up the Creative Embellishments -Fun Eggs by painting them with a creamy ivory acrylic, adding a simple piece of gold ribbon and topping with pink pearls.  
Elegant and yet so very simple. 


Just a bit about the 6 inch wreath/frame -Creative Embellishments Chipboard- Berry Frame 3.

I painted the berries with a variety of acrylic paints - ivory cream, pink and green.  Then I dabbed the berries with  Stickles Glitter Glue  to add some glitz and make the berries pop.  I'll tell ya, the Stickles really doesn't show well in photos but it has such a bedazzling look in person.

The Canvas Background Preparation
I  started with a plain 8in x8in canvas as my base.  I used some mists and watercolors to create the background of the canvas by adding one color at a time  with a paint brush and a bit of extra water and heat drying it between colors.  First the green, then the pink so that they don't run together and create olive drab mud.  The heating or at least drying process is important.  
These are some color /product suggestions for the pinks and greens:
Greens:
Pinks: 
Thanks for stopping by to visit.  

Where to shop? 
Shop for your Creative Embellishments chippies right here

Product List:
Stickles Glitter Glue - Crystal
Ranger Crackle Accents - Crackle Medium (big bottle)
Ranger Crackle Accents - Crackle Medium small bottle
Pink Adhesive Pearls
Prima Color Bloom Mists 2 - Brimestone Wings 588861 
Ranger Tim Holtz Twisted Citron Distress Spray
Ranger Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Spray 
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Spray - Picked Raspberry 
Ken Oliver's - Color Burst - Lime Green 
Ken Olivers - Color Burst - Fuchsia 


No comments:

Post a Comment