Saturday, June 24, 2017

Re-Purposed Decorative Gift Box and Secrets from Jennifer Snyder



Chocolate....Petaloo flowers.....Spellbinders dies...Maja Design papers....and did I mention Chocolate? ahhhh

Today I'm sharing a cheery decorated box and a "behind the scenes glance into Jennifer's sneaky homelife. "

I received my first box of "See's Chocolates"  last Christmas all the way from California.    Let me tell ya....wowzers.  What quality - what deliciousness - and what a chocolaty secret to keep from my family.    My husband will snatch up candy from the counter quicker than one can blink.  I can't have that.  Then I have my kids to contend with and fight off.  Nope can't have that either.

Sorry - no way could I possibly divulge this gift to my family.  So I did the only reasonable thing a responsible mom and loving wife could do - I hid the box and ate them all.  Yes - EVERY heavenly melty wonderful piece of chocolate.

 The box was all that remained from that sensational chocolate memory saved from last Christmas.
 I tucked the empty box in my stash as if it had always been just an empty box.
BUT  now I can enjoy it again and gussy it up!!! (ahhhhh stills smells like chocolate too.)

To do this, I gathered up a few of my favorite products and set to work.   Flowers from Petaloo by Floracraft.  Dies from Spellbinders.  Papers from Maja Design in Sweden.




I grabbed the gorgeous Maja Design collection called Life in the Country to cover the box.
These are the papers I used from the collection and shown in the image below:
Porch, Summer Kitchen, Our Deer Summer Cottage
Next comes the die embellishments.
The top of the box is decorated with a gorgeously fabulous die from Spellbinders called Spellbinders Shapabilities Die - Heirloom Oval.

I added white cardstock behind the die to really make the design pop.
The paper makes me happy and reminds me of a summer picnic.


Next of course - come flowers as decorative toppers.
It's gussied up with some exquisite flowers from  Petaloo by Floracraft:
Petaloo Botanica Collection - Faux Dried Flowers Ephemera in Red 
Petaloo Botanica Fairy Rose Bud in Red (new release available soon)



The side of the box also has a diecut from the same die set, Spellbinders Shapabilities Die - Heirloom Oval.  A sweet little ornament to add additional interest to the sides of the box.


I added paper to the inside of the box as well.  Helps cover up the fact that I actually ate a whole box of chocolates.  Chocolates?  What chocolates.  Not me!  hahahaa



More views of the box.  



Keep your eye on the Petaloo website.  It will be moving soon and is being relocated to the Floracraft website.  Floracraft is the new owner of Petaloo.  You'll be able to see all the new flowers on that site.

If you are interested in learning more about being a Spellblogger, click here for all the information to set you on your way. .   

 Shop for Spellbinders  products and visit their blog for daily inspiration. 
Thanks for stopping here today. I value your time. 
Happy Crafting
#NeverStopMaking  #Spellbinders 


Products Used
Maja Design -Life in the Country Collection   Porch, Summer Kitchen, Our Deer Summer Cottage
Spellbinders Shapabilities Die - Heirloom Oval S4-447
Petaloo Botanica Collection - Faux Dried Flowers Ephemera in Red 1100-205
Petaloo Botanica Fairy Rose Bud in Red RS5013-192/4
Red Gems
Floral Berries
Gold Trim

1 comment: