Wednesday, February 8, 2017

DIY Valentines cards for Petaloo


Valentine's Day Cards With DIY Tips
Sharing some Valentine's cards for February, the month of sweetness.  I have two cards adorned in pink - both gussied up with Petaloo's gorgeous pink flowers.   I think the happy cheery pink is a perfect balance to the dull chill of winter.  
This is a sweet dainty card showing the flirty side of Petaloo.  Along with the pretty Petaloo crocheted trims, I used the following Petaloo flowers to embellish this card: 
 and the new Petaloo Ranunculus flowers in pink ( aren't they fabulous!).  
The Ranuncula's will be shipping soon!
Creating this card was easier than you think.  Here are a few simple steps I took to make this card: 

I stamped an image onto watercolor paper so that I could paint the dress. 
I used watercolor paper because it is heavy and will absorb the water from the paints.  Regular cardstock or patterned paper is not as durable when water is applied and tends to get mushy and disintegrate.  
I selected an ink that would not bleed or run when water is applied.  

After my image was stamped, I simply blotted watercolors onto the paper.  Easy!  No real skill needed.  

Here is another close up of the Petaloo Textured Elements -  Briar Rose Canvas in Red 
 and the new Petaloo Ranunculus flowers.  The new collection of flowers is absolutely amazing and better yet...shipping soon!

My second card is equally bright and cheery.  It's a shaker card.  Who wouldn't love to receive a shaker card in the mail?  

 I used the following Petaloo flowers to embellish this card: 
The flowers make quite a statement on this card I think.  

 You can find more Petaloo products listed here, and I invite you to join and LIKE Petaloo on Facebook right here.      


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with love from your family, friends and Petaloo!

Petaloo Products
Petaloo Ranunculus flowers in pink  -RS5017-102

Other Products:
Lawn Fawn Paper - Perfectly Plaid -6x6 LF1114
Brutus Monroe - Detail Ink in Raven
Spellbinders Nestabilites: Victorian Bow S4-542
Spellbinders Nestabilites Oval - Large S4-110
Memory Box Dies - Oriel Butterfly 98740, Lunette Butterfly 98745
Prima - Julie Nutting Love Day Doll Stamp - 910716
Watercolor Paints and Paper
Stickles Glitter Glue- Icicle




1 comment:

  1. Oh both cards are so pretty! Nice to see you use nontraditional Valentine colors. Yet they both feel very much "Valentinesy." Great job!

    ReplyDelete