Sunday, February 21, 2016

Wedding Party



Remembering This Day
A little bit about this layout.  It is a photo of my maternal grandmother's wedding with her being surrounded by her sisters.  I just love this photo and have such loving memories of each of those ladies.   You know those questions that are asked sometimes...if you could go back in history and experience one day, what would it be?   Mine would be this day, this photo, those tears of joy, that amazing union.    

I created this using the Feb. Flying Unicorns kit, which featured Riddersholm papers from the Newport collection.  I wanted this to feel like spring with happy bright splashes of color.  
I also added some chipboard pieces from 2Crafty.  I used the "Flora Heart"  and "Addy's Butterflies" .  You can find an assortment of 2Crafty chippies  at the Flying Unicorns. 


I just left the chipboard neked - natural and did not paint or cover. The natural chipboard went nicely with my page.  

So to add the paints and colors to the page, I first prepped the page with clear gesso.  It looks white when painted onto the page but does dry clear.   After totally dried, you can add mist, paints and inks to the page without the mediums soaking into the paper.  

I also added a few pieces of washi tape in for more green accents.  This is green gingham tape.  

Let's talk flowers:  my choices below are the Petaloo Ephemera in Coral, and Petaloo's Botanical is pink.  The tiny white ones are Petaloo Color Me Crazy Mini Velvet Blooms


 Thanks for stopping by to visit.  You can find an assortment of 2Crafty Chipboard at the Flying Unicorn .  

You can also find a great selection of Riddersholm papers including the Newport collection right here


No comments:

Post a Comment